Monday 7 September 2009

Getting my head around it.

Since I last wrote; I have sat for the last time as a magistrate (until I come back); ridden 150 miles on my final couple of days motorbike training with Molly (even coping with no radio contact from Cambridge to Stevenage and reaching speeds of up to 70 mph on dual carriageways); attended my nieces wonderful wedding in Halifax (great job Becky and Tim) and successfully hosted Anna's 21st birthday party in the garden. I am now feeling a little weary! I took my final immunisation today (cholera) and just have anti-malarials to take before we leave. We were prayed for in church yesterday and I have had my last hair cut before we go. All of a sudden it feels more real and I am more aware of all the other things that need doing before we go.
Good news! British Airways have allowed double the luggage allowance we were expecting, now 2 x 23kg, so there is no excuse for forgetting anything crucial. I am just concerned about not taking too much as we will probably have limited space in our house in Walewale.
I think I am beginning to believe this is really happening.

5 comments:

  1. Lots to think about!
    Thanks for a great Shrimp Cash evening. Realised afterwards what a great adventure this will be. Really admire you for stepping out into the unknown like this, it is so easy just to put on your slippers and watch Strictly Come Dancing. Will be keeping up with every move. Dont for get to take your sprouting beans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlie,
    Just to say Good Luck to you and Mike and we will all be thinking of you. Can't wait to see the phots of Ghana. Will miss you while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just trying to post a coment on my own blog as some people seem to be having difficulties. I think this has probably been one of the most stressful weeks of my life.Can't wait to get on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have achieved a comment posting by clicking on "google account" and then typing in my email address and a password.
    Go on, have a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Africa will never be the same after it has been invaded by CC on a bike...
    I'm sure you will contribute massively to the schools over there and I hope the OU's TESSA programme will inspire you further and give you some ideas.
    Also, have you seen our tv programme, African School? If not, I shall try to get you a copy before you go.

    ReplyDelete