Wednesday 4 November 2009

Friday 30th Oct - write-up the OD, and bust-up with Vodafone

Friday 30th Oct. – Well it’s time to catch up with work after recent gallivanting. I had been allowing for the fact that in effect I’d been on duty on Sunday (travelling), but still I have stuff to finish by the end of the week because it’s needed for the next Education workshop in Bolga on Monday 2nd. My catch-up starts at normal waking time around 6 am, and with meal breaks still finishes after midnight.
Slightly extended because of running phone battle with Vodafone – they want the monthly 40 cedi payment, I thought the 100 cedi deposit covered us, mobile Vodafone Internet keeps being disabled which I’m absolutely dependent on because of this, we can’t pay without going to Bolga – if only I’d known yesterday. I’m told there is no way round – I’ve already used the “We are volunteers and we have come to help your country but we need your co-operation” line, so I ask to speak to the relevant supervisor because “I am distraught and this is unfair – you have not warned us”. No mercy is proposed by Vodafone, but the service stops being disabled.

Light relief is provided by the baby goats rooting around in our compost hole.
No mains water - has been off for 2 days - so we're again reliant on the neighbour's well.Anyway, with internet working again I can complete and post online the Organisational development (OD) material which combines all the SL output from Saturday with inputs from the Education volunteers, ready for Education workshop on Monday. No-one will read it before then – people’s email access varies, e.g. may just have access once per week - but at least it’s there.

No comments:

Post a Comment